email address:    


First Time Entering?
Create New Account
Forgot Password

Login Status Looking for your jury notifications and didn't get one?  Log into your Artist Profile -> Review Images and find out how you did!

Be sure to read the prospectus in its entirety before continuing.

Allied Artists of the Santa Monica Mountains and Seashore
On Location in the Santa Monicas

On Location in the Santa Monica Mountains and Seashore

A Members’ Exhibition at the Santa Paula Art Museum

July 13, 2019 – November 3, 2019



This members’ exhibition will showcase a juried selection of representational art that is tied to specific locations within the Santa Monica Mountains and Seashore.  The art museum is a beautiful, large space in which to show our art.  Larger works are encouraged, although smaller paintings will also be hung, so enter your best artwork.  There will be a large map on which each painting’s location will be pin-pointed.

On each image, in the description area, please note where the art was created.

EXHIBITION JUROR:  Richard Schloss

ELIGIBILITY:  Open to all members of Allied Artists of the Santa Monica Mountains & Seashore

IMAGE SUBMISSION AND FEES:  Images are to be submitted through no later than May 15, 2019.  The entry fee is $50 for the first five images and $10 for each additional image.  Entry fees are to be paid through Online Juried Shows.

Images must be smaller than 4 MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi.  Images should be in JPEG format.


  • Work must be your own original artwork from your own original photographs or painted plein air. 
  • Artist agrees to permit Allied Artists and the Santa Paula Art Museum to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity and documentation purposes.
  • Only two-dimensional wall-hung pieces are accepted.
  • Delivered work must match the image juried.  No substitutions will be allowed.
  • All accepted work must remain in the art museum for the duration of the exhibition.
  • Prices quoted on the entry form may not be changed after acceptance.
  • All work must be framed.  No gallery wrapped.  All works on paper must be under glass, preferably museum, anti-reflective glass, or TruVue acrylic. 
  • No photographs, giclees, or prints will be accepted.
  • Works should be delivered to the show ready to hang, including hanging wire.  The highest part of the hanging wire should be at least 2 inches from the top of the frame so that the hanging hardware will be hidden from view.  Wiring must be substantial enough for the weight of the artwork.  No saw-tooth hangers. 
  • No size restrictions.
  • Inspect and repair any dings or scratches prior to delivery.
  • All artwork must be for sale.  No NFS.


Artwork is to be delivered on Monday, July 8, 2019, between 10:00 and 4:00.  If you are unable to hand deliver artwork at that time, please make arrangements with a friend to deliver your artwork, or contact Virginia Kamhi at

All paintings shall be delivered with a label attached to the wire (please do not place this in the center of the wire, but rather off to one side) specifying:

  • Artist’s Name
  • Painting Title
  • Location in the SMMS
  • Medium
  • Painting Size
  • Sales Price


  • May 15, 2019 – Final day to submit images for jury
  • May 30, 2019 – Notification of acceptance through
  • July 8, 2019 – Artwork drop off from 10:00-4:00
  • July 13, 2019 – Reception from 4:00-6:0
  • November 4, 2019 – Pick up any unsold artwork between 10:00 and 4:00

DELIVERTY AND RETURN OF ARTWORK:  Artwork must be delivered and picked up on the dates and times specified.  If artwork has not been retrieved by the artist or a duly authorized agent on the date specified following the closing date of the exhibition, or if other arrangements have not been made prior to the closing date of the exhibition, the Museum will consider all rights of the artist to the artwork(s) forfeited and the artwork(s) will be donated to the Museum’s annual art auction.

COMMISSION:  A 40% commission will be paid to the Santa Paula Art Museum for each piece that is sold.  Allied Artists will not collect a commission on this show, so the remaining 60% will go to the artist.

USE OF ART FOR PUBLICITY:  Submission of a digital image by an artist constitutes agreement for the Santa Paula Art Museum to reproduce that image for catalog, publicity, website, and educational purposes unless otherwise specified by the artist.

LIABILITY:  The Museum exercises the same care and respect to loans as it does in the safekeeping of its own property.  The artwork will be insured under the Santa Paula Art Museum’s policy with AXA Insurance Co., 3 West 35th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY, 10001, phone (212) 415-8400.  The lender will be named as an additional named insured under this policy.


You are currently logged out.