email address:    

password:  




First Time Entering?
Create New Account
Forgot Password




Login Status Looking for your jury notifications and didn't get one?  Log into your Artist Profile -> Review Images and find out how you did!

Be sure to read the prospectus in its entirety before continuing.

Central Coast Plein Air Painters
Painted Journeys of Monterey County 2019



Painted Journeys of Monterey County

An Exhibition of the Central Coast Plein Air Painters. Sponsored by and benefiting the Arts Council for Monterey County.

This exhibit is open to all Artists working in oil, acrylic, watercolor and pastel residing in California.  Membership in the Central Coast Plein Air Painters is free and available on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560732714146381/

 

       

 

Eligibility

 

Open to all artists in California.  Artists may submit work in watercolor, acrylic, oil, and pastel.  No photography, video or 3D work will be considered.  Work must be framed or 1.5” deep gallery-wrapped with finished edges and wired for hanging.  Dimensions may not exceed 24” in height by 36” in length, not including frame. Entries must be plein air paintings, executed on location, out of doors or inspired by plein air.  The theme Painted Journeys refers to subjects in Monterey County that can be seen on or from or by a roadway in Monterey County, California. Artists must be able to hand deliver and pick up their work if it does not sell.  No shipped work will be accepted.

 

Fees

 

$38 for up to 3 images.

 

Jurors

 

We are thrilled to have Laurie Myers, http://lauriemyers-artist.com/Artists_Bio.html  as our Awards Judge for Painted Journeys of Monterey County.  Not only has Laurie established herself as a successful award-winning artist, she also has extensive experience as an Art Instructor and Art Education Author.  Laurie also worked as the Arts in Education Coordinator for the Arts Council for Monterey County where her mission was to bring the joy of art to as many people as possible.

 

Exhibition Details

 

The Painted Journeys of Monterey County Exhibition will be hosted by the Transportation Agency for Monterey County Offices in Salinas, CA.  and will feature paintings by The Central Coast Plein Air Painters of the amazing beauty of California’s Central Coast as seen from, by or on a roadway in Monterey County.  Selected artwork will be on display for 1 year.  Artists may replace paintings that are sold with a painting of the same size or smaller and they may switch out a substitute painting if needed over the course of the year.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given as well as 3 honorable mentions.   Guerilla Painter will also sponsor two special awards:  A gift certificate for $130 and a gift certificate for $80.  In addition, all participating artists will be listed on the Arts Council for Monterey County website with a link to their website.   The event is sponsored by the Arts Council for Monterey County and 30% of all sales shall go to benefit youth art programs in Monterey County.  The remaining 70% shall go to the artist.   The exhibition and sale will be promoted via social media and PR.  Artists are welcome to invite as many fans of their work as they like.  Light refreshments will be served.


 

Sales

 

The Arts Council for Monterey County will handle sales and also provide insurance.

 

Awards

 

A total of $460 in cash and prizes, plus all participating artists will be listed on the Arts Council For Monterey County Website with a link to their website.

 

The Arts Council for Monterey County will sponsor cash awards for:

 

1st Place: $100

2nd Place: $75

3rd Place: $50

 

Sponsor Guerilla Painter will provide Special Gift Certificates in addition to the cash Awards

 

$130 Guerilla Painter Gift Certificate Award of Excellence

$80 Guerilla Painter Gift Certificate Award of Excellence

 

 

Calendar

 

Timeline of events including

 

  1. Open/close date for submitting their work online: July 12th to the 24th by midnight

 

  1. Notifications sent out:  July 25th

 

  1. Drop off of artwork: Wednesday, July 31st - 9:30am - 2pm artwork pick up/drop off

 

  1. Artist Reception:  Tuesday, August 4th from 3 to 4:30 pm

 

 

Entering Your Images

 

You can enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com

 

Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx

 

For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72 dpi on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space.

 

If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please contact info@onlinejuriedshows.com or call 949-409-4061.

 



You are currently logged out.